Tuesday 24 January 2012

Day 2

Galatians 2


Galatians 2:20

  1. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Paul was dealing with the problem of traditions. there were those who, while otherwise pillars of faith, we’re stuck in tradition rather than following the Gospel of Christ. Our lives need to be driven by a desire to fulfil the will of God, not our earthly desires. As Jesus himself said,“My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work”.

The majority of the divisions that exist in the church today are caused by traditions. All to often we do what we do because we have always done it that way, or it is what we have always understood. Even Peter was stuck in the same trap. Some traditions are good, as they follow the Bible, but where they differ we have to stick to the Word of God.

Are you truly crucified with Christ? we have a life to live here on Earth, but let us make it a live dedicated to doing the will of God. Lord, reveal to me what is there in my life that you would cut out and replace with faith in you.

No comments: