Friday 27 January 2012

Day 5

Galatians 5


Galatians 5:24-25

  1. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
  2. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Do you belong to Christ? Are you living by the Spirit? The challenge throughout the book of Galatians is to those who are saved yet are failing to live in the Spirit. Although they should have left the ways of the World behind they had not. In other words, there was no way to tell them from the unbelievers living around them.

I could claim to be an Arsenal supporter. I know, you don’t believe me. But I do check on how they are doing on occasion, and I have seen them play. In fact they are the only team whose stadium I have visited. Others know every detail, watch every match, have the kit, the scarf, the cup, and so on. Arsenal is the most important team to them and it is evident. I may like Arsenal, but I am not a true fan.

In the same way, many believers have seen God, and pray occasionally etc. They are saved, but they do not belong to Christ. Is your dedication to Christ as ardent as a hardcore Arsenal fan’s dedication to Arsenal? Many believers are more like Arsenal fans who watch Chelsea play every week because someone gave them a free ticket. We live lives that look like those of unbelievers even though we are not! If you are serious about Christ then don’t just follow him, put everything else aside and live for him.

No comments: