Sunday 22 April 2012

Issue 13 - Day 7


Galatians 4

Galatians 4:8-9
8)  Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.
9)  But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

How can you tell the difference between a Christian and a non-christian? This is not  joke. In today’s christianity you can tell a Christian by the fact they go to church on Sunday, and sadly that is often the only defining factor. When you compare yourself to your friends and neighbours is your activity on a Sunday morning the only difference? If so, then you have a some serious issues to think through.

When I was at university my friends said I was great because they could connect with me. I wasn’t like other christians they knew. I wasn’t any different from them and so they could relate to me, they said. Unfortunately this was true, I was no different, and I was also no good as a witness, and all those friends continued in their lives without God because I was no different from them. Whatever you do, don’t let your friends end up in Hell because you didn’t want to be seen to be different. I will always regret that time, and the friends I will never see again as a result.

Paul issues the same challenge. Before you knew Christ, fair enough, you lived for yourself, following the desires of the World. Now you are a follower of Christ, so live as one! You don’t need to be bound by the issues of this World, you should instead live a different life, a life dedicated to God and following his will.

No comments: