Tuesday 15 May 2012

Issue 17 - Day 2


1 Corinthians 13

1 Corinthians 13:11-12
11)  When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12)  For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Do kids have it easy? Remember when you were younger, how you used to think it not fair how you couldn’t have your own space, eat what you wanted, get up as late as you liked, and played that game as long as you wanted? Then you get older, and you have to pay for the food, the house, and so on. You have to go to work so you can pay, and all that freedom you never realised you had vanished like smoke. It is the same in our Christian walk. As young believers god puts things in our lives to help us grow. Some are childish. As we grow in him we start to eat spiritual meat, and have spiritual responsibilities. Our lives and behaviour change to be more like Christ.

The other thing that changes as we get older is that we understand issues more clearly. At five years old it is unlikely that we will understand the ramifications of electing a different lord mayor of London. I’m not sure most adults do either, but at least we come to understand the issues a bit more. Likewise with God. Everything is black and white. It is either right or wrong. there are no grey areas. there is only one way to correctly understand scripture. Unfortunately we cannot see clearly and need spiritual glasses. One day we will be face to face with God and all will become clear, however as we grow spiritually God does give us more understanding of his ways.

Pray that God will reveal more, and give you understanding. He has promised this in his word, and will do it by the power of his Holy Spirit in us.

No comments: