Saturday 9 June 2012

Issue 20 - Day 6


Romans 9

Romans 9:1-3
1)  I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,
2)  That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.
3)  For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:

Do you have relations who don’t know the Lord? Do you have relations who know him yet are not following him? How do you feel about that? Paul felt so strongly about his fellow Jews, his physical relations, that he had continual sorrow in his heart. In fact he wished that he could take their punishment so that they could be saved, though he knew this was not possible, Christ has already done that.

What needs to change in our lives is that we don’t have that desire to see our relations saved. We certainly therefore don’t have that desire to see total strangers saved. Yet this is exactly what the bible instructs us to do. We are told time and again to share the gospel, to reach the lost, and to love one another as Christ loved us. Why have we lost that urgency to see people saved?

It is time to change. Pray that God would give you a heart for the lost. Ask him to let you see others as he sees them. One of the things that happens as we follow him is a renewing of our minds so that slowly we come to have the mind of Christ. How fast or slow that process is depends on us. Now what will you do with that new heart? Get practical. Write down the names of two relations, and two friends, that do not believe in Christ, and resolve to pray for them daily until they are saved. go will give you that heart for the lost, when you remember who those lost are.

No comments: