Thursday 23 February 2012

The Church of Philadelphia

Revelation 3:7-13

Letter From


Revelation 3:7

  1. And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

This is God who is Holy and True. When we think of God we must start from the perceptive that he is holy and truth. If we do not start from holiness, then how will we worship him. If we do not start from truth, then how will we follow him.

John 14:6

  1. Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Christ holds the key, and is the only way to God. Those who don’t believe will not get in. Those who do will be saved.

We are encouraged to hold fast and not lose the crown. In the context of Christ return this can only be one crown, and there is only one way to lose it, that is to stop looking to Christ’s return.

The Promise

2 Timothy 4:7-8

  1. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
  2. Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

No comments: